Life has been crazy lately but I am thankful for every minute…..just haven’t found the time or energy to blog much.
We had quite a week before Thanksgiving. Cole was at a conference and I had everyone loaded in the car to head to Elizabeth’s gymnastics meet and we were letting Gabby use the bathroom one last time when she suddenly started vomiting up bile and rolled back on her back like she was having a seizure or passing out. Thankfully Mama Sarah was at home so I took Elizabeth to her house and so that she could get her to the meet while I took Gabby to the vet. I called Taylor Crossing to tell them we were on our way when the lady told me they had an appointment at 10:30 or 11, one that was booked via a software for veterinary telemedicine visits. I explained that something serious was wrong and didn’t need an appointment but wanted them to observe her for a while in case she needed emergency care. I was then told that they closed at 12. I was so mad that when our dog was in need of emergency care my vet was more concerned with their closing time. Hopefully their other clients won’t have emergencies after hours! I had a friend who told me how much they have enjoyed Montgomery Veterinary Associates and since they were close I ran Gabby to their office. The staff immediately began doting on our sweet girl and Dr. English took her into her care happily. I left Gabby in their care and returned to the car to try and make the meet. When I got outside I found SK trying to change Eli’s dirty diaper. Unfortunately his muralax had kicked in and his diaper was more than she bargained for. So now he had poop all over his clothes, car seat, car floor mats, his hair, etc. I ran home to give him a quick bath and left the rest watching a movie in the van. While inside I was looking for anything that she could have eaten to make her sick. She had been laying on her bed by the front door for the past few weeks and there was a plant there with some leaves that had been chewed on. I called our plant company and they said it was a peace lily and they they are poisonous to dogs. I let the vet know and she said her throat had swollen really quickly and had a breathing tube in and needed to put in a trache. Shortly after we received the call that she had had a heart attack and died. We were all in shock and devastated. It was all so sudden and we miss her snorts and smells! We love you Gabby and miss you greatly!
Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.